ACoA Recovery Coaching With Lisa Sue Woititz
Why ACOA Recovery Coaching?
Have you attended therapy or self-help groups for years, even decades, and feel just as terrible or worse than when you first reached out for help? If you are an ACoA or come from a similarly difficult family history, your struggle is unique. Talking about our story and our pain gives us initial relief but then this modality backfires, keeping your pain alive. These traditional methods do not teach you how to move past the continued impact that your childhood is having on your adult life. I can help you understand what has happened to you and how it is impacting you today. Most importantly, I can help you find the relief that you have needed for a long time and help you move forward into living the life you want.
ACOA RECOVERY COACHING CAN HELP YOU!
If you relate to one or more of the 13 Characteristics from, ‘Adult Children of Alcoholics – The Expanded Edition’ By Janet G. Woititz, Ed.D, you are in the right place!
- Adult children of alcoholics guess at what normal behavior is.
- Adult children of alcoholics have difficulty following a project through from beginning to end.
- Adult children of alcoholics lie when it would be just as easy to tell the truth.
- Adult children of alcoholics judge themselves without mercy.
- Adult children of alcoholics have difficulty having fun.
- Adult children of alcoholics take themselves very seriously.
- Adult children of alcoholics have difficulty with intimate relationships.
- Adult children of alcoholics overreact to changes over which they have no control.
- Adult children of alcoholics constantly seek approval and affirmation.
- Adult children of alcoholics usually feel that they are different from other people.
- Adult children of alcoholics are super responsible or super irresponsible.
- Adult children of alcoholics are extremely loyal, even in the face of evidence that the loyalty is undeserved.
- Adult children of alcoholics are impulsive. They tend to lock themselves into a course of action without giving serious consideration to alternative behaviors or possible consequences. This impulsively leads to confusion, self-loathing and loss of control over their environment. In addition, they spend an excessive amount of energy cleaning up the mess.
27 Marquette Rd, Upper Montclair, NJ
The Recovery Movement for Adult Children of Alcoholics was born in the living room of my childhood home over forty years ago, as a result of my mother’s passionate efforts to help me and my brothers recover from the devastating impact of living with my violent father’s alcoholism. She sought to create the help that she could not find.
This first group of ACoAs created the List of 13 Characteristics that became famous around the world. In 1987, Mom’s books “Adult Children of Alcoholics” and “Struggle for Intimacy” became international best sellers which continue to help millions of people around the world understand their experience and begin their healing process.
Mom passed away in 1994 after a long illness and it has been my honor to continue to help Adult Children of Alcoholics (like me) recover from their childhoods and find the peace that has eluded them for all of their lives. My book, “Unwelcome Inheritance: Break Your Family’s Cycle of Addictive Behaviors”, ACoA Recovery Coaching With Lisa Sue, and other continuing work with families represent my efforts in carrying my mother’s message forward and sharing what I have learned in her absence.
Lisa and Jan in 1983
As Dr. Jan said, her work with ACoAs began because:
“I took back my power
and I took back my energy.
And I put them into the things
that I am passionate about.”
She wanted the very same for you and so do I.
You will be amazed at how quickly you will feel relief and how the pain of your past can be used to empower you and propel you forward! You are so much further along in your recovery than you realize!
ACoA Recovery Coaching appointments are held in person, by telephone or over SKYPE or Messenger. Choose the option that suits your needs. Together we will help you get past the stuck places in your life and feeling comfortable in your own skin.
Click now on your choice below and reserve your place today:
You will be contacted by email to arrange your first appointment. If you have any questions or prefer to be contacted by telephone, please scroll to the bottom of this page and submit the contact form below. Thank you!
Yours in recovery,
Lisa Sue Woititz